SkinPen Precision gives your skin the reset that it needs. SkinPen is the first FDA-cleared microneedling medical device, With little downtime involved, in as few as three treatments, SkinPen Precision can make a visible difference.It’s time to get the beautiful, glowing skin you’ve always wanted.
SkinPen is perfect for Skin Rejuvenation, creating the Type 1 Collagen we need to give us the bounce and elasticity into the Skin. Acne Scarring, Pigmentation and Vitaligo are all Skin Conditions in which the SkinPen excels in it’s ability to hugely reduce the appearance of scarring and either break down pigmentation in the skin or encourage pigmentation in conditions such as vitaligo.
SkinPen can be carried out on the face, neck and decollatae plus is amaxing for the treatment of age spots on the hands and lower arm and treatment of scar tissue on the body.
Here’s what you can expect from a SkinPen treatment:
- A plan for optimal results. Your Aesthetic Practitioner may recommend a course of procedures based on your individual goals. Maintenance of your procedure might require multiple treatments.
- A comfortable procedure. For comfort, your physician will likely apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
- A short procedure time. The treatment will likely take about 30-45 minutes.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced are dryness, roughness, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning.
- Soothing aftercare. Your Aesthetic Practitioner will provide Skinfuse® LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment for the first 24 hours and a soothing cream to continue alongside your current regime.
- An effective post-procedure protocol. It is important you have a good homecare routine following your treatment to ensure the best results can be achieved so do discuss this with your Aesthetic Practitioner.
How does microneedling work?
Microneedling creates thousands of microchannels that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. This rejuvenates your skin from the inside out. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue in cases of Acne and the the effective production of Collagen Type 1 needed for Skin Rejuvenation, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
There are three phases to the wound-repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to cleanse the wound, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
Benefits of SkinPen
Little Downtime: It is a perfect treatment for patients with a busy schedule.
Natural Recovery: SkinPen’s mechanical process is versatile and usable year-round.
Safe for all Skin Types: Clinically proven effective on all skin types, Fitzpatrick 1 – 6.
Safe and Sound: The first FDA cleared medical needling device on the market
Comfortable: A light numbing cream may be used to minimize discomfort